Saturday, September 17, 2011

Going with the Flow or "Is This a Mudslide?"




I'm at 70K words for my WIP!

WHoot!!

I can feel the end. My storyboard says I have seven scenes to write. There's no reason why I can't finish this by the end of the month. I've been so distracted by it, particularly this past month, that I'm ready to take a break and fill the well.

At this point in the story, my fingers keep moving over the keys but I don't even know what's coming out and onto the page. I don't even know if I make sense any longer. But I know that if I don't just get the scenes out there, I'm going to be stuck here in the mire forever. (Pause for dramatic swoon.)

So, I'm plugging along and assuming that sometime in October or early November I'm going to dig back into these revisions and shake my fist and beat my breast.

But for now, I'm going with the flow.

Look out below!

How do you feel at the end of a manuscript? Have you ever got to the point where you just don't know which side is up and you don't even care anymore?

2 comments:

  1. Just stay with the flow! When you go back to read it, you might be surprised at the genius that was there, that you were unable to recognize at the time. The unconscious mind can do some amazing things. :)

    When I finish a manuscript I'm slightly delirious, and giddy, because I wasn't sure I'd make it to the finish line. I usually sit around and grin for about an hour afterwards, because it's just a great experience to be done with the drafting.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going, I'm going.

    I fear that it'll be less marveling at my genius and more groaning at my idiocy. But whatever. Can't fix a blank page.

    I sit around giddy too. I think I'll probably dance and sing at the end of this (aren't you glad that you won't be here for that spectacle?). I've been working on this for two years now, almost. It'll be a relief to be done.

    It is a great experience, though, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete